Saturday, May 14, 2016

Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ Was Dead Long Before He Died on the Cross

Jesus Christ was Dead Long Before He Hung on a Roman Cross

September 9, 2009 at 11:29am
The fact that Jesus Christ was Dead long before He died on the Cross is not an original statement but today it is new revelation to me. I heard it before and understood it but it has now been revealed. Jesus was totally submitted to the will of His Father. He had no consciousness of Self apart from God. And we are to function in exactly the same way. It is not impossible because although He was God, He did not walk in His full glory as God while on the earth. If He had, it would make it impossible for us to imitate Him. He was fully man and fully God but walking as fully Man. Hard do describe and even harder to understand.

But I don't want to get into all of that. What really hit me today as I laid in bed processing what He was revealing was how Jesus was dead to self before he physically died on the cross. He walked in total submission to God as we must to be true carriers of His glory. Last night as I was signing 3 sympathy cards for friends who have recently lost loved-ones I went to Romans 8:38 & 39. And I left my Bible open there for the night. This morning I was pondering on how Jesus was really dead before He ever experienced the Cross not realizing what I would read minutes later. Then my loving Father knowing that I needed this revelation for my own life, confirmed it to me in Romans 8:10, 11 & 13. Don't you love how you can read a Scripture over and over again, high light, circle and bracket it over the years and then one day voila! The revelation comes. Romans 8:10, 11 & 13 reads:

"And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." ...[Then on of my favorites, v. 13] "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God these are sons of God."

I will be pondering this all day. I am sure there is so much more there but wanted to share. Plan to revisit later.

Have a wonderful day in the presence of the King of Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to connecting with you. In the meantime, please share this blog with your friends and family members.

Blessings in Christ,
Sonia