Saturday, December 12, 2015

When God Says Do Something, Position Yourself to Do it

We all know it takes resources to build, no matter what you are building. And some "buildings" take more resources than others. So that when the thing is big, there can be a level of panic as if we need to do it ourselves in our own flesh. Why do we panic when the thing is big? If God is the One who said to do it, how is it our business how He chooses to provide for it? I know that we are people of faith in the One for Whom nothing is impossible but when that "knowledge" is put to the test, are we getting a low, high, or "just passing" grades? Only the Lord knows.

LIMITING GOD

I recently had a lesson in just such a case. I almost canceled something because I did not have the faith but thought if the Lord did not provide for it, I must not be meant to do it. Or was I just lazy in exercising my faith in God to provide as He has been all along? That same day as I was pondering canceling the thing, I received a bonus check exactly the amount needed. He was confirming His call again for the umpteenth time It caught my attention. What else was I lacking faith for that He has told me to do? Had I position my heart in faith to do it?  What did I give up on to quickly because of opposition and perceived limitation? Frankly, I was concerned about the answer.

FAITH AND TRUST

I just posted a blog on idolatry and recognizing where we are putting our trust. If our trust is in something or someone other than God, we are committing idolatry and violating the First Commandment of the Old Covenant which is the Greatest Commandment of the New Covenant. I believe some points in that previous multi-word post are worth drawing out and repeating here for greater emphasis. I believe it's that important not only for me but for everyone the Lord has given a vision for expanding His Kingdom.

We know that wealth is not bad in and of itself, but when that wealth is our idol, then we have a problem. Similarly, when we hesitate to do something that God has directed us to do because of a lack of resources, financial and otherwise, that thing that is preventing us from moving forward is an idol. If I don't have it, I cannot obey God. Jesus accused the disciples of having little faith. Yet, He also said that all we needed was a little faith. Seems like he was really saying the disciples had practically no faith.

If I can't trust God to provide the resources for that which He has instructed me to do, then He is not a very resourceful God. But then, if we believer the Bible, which tells us that nothing is impossible for Him, and that He owns everything then we are hypocrites. Yes, I include myself in that group. How many things have I not delayed doing because of my little faith? A good bit. Now, does the devil bring doubt and resistance and all manner of schemes to prevent us from doing God's work? Most definitely, but Jesus has overcome the devil and in Jesus we are victorious every time. You and I get into trouble when we get in the flesh and our own souls pull us down and we believe the devil, or his messengers, lies of limitation.

If God has asked you to do something, no matter how big or small, believer also that He will and perhaps, has already provided the resources to accomplish it. With a God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27). 

HE IS A REWARDER OF THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM

Remember in Mark where the rich young ruler walked away sad because he could not bring himself to do what the Good Teacher instructed? The Peter reminded Jesus that they what they had given up to follow Jesus as if Jesus did not know? Jesus went on the tell them that when a person gives up their family, lands, and homes for the Gospel, they receive property and family and friends 100 fold. Now, that's a 10000% return on the investment to get technical. What is He saying, having stuff is nothing, He can give you stuff. Having Him is EVERYTHING! That's I have to remember Matthew 6:33 and live by it as best I could and the Holy Spirit helps me. And that is, to "[s]eek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and everything else will be added to you."
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Having Jesus is having everything. But He did not stop there, he said, (to recap):

MARK 10:29-30
29 So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, 30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life."
1. You will be given 100 fold of what you "invested" for the Kingdom sake for a 10000% return.
2. He will give "in this time." [This is not a heavenly reward but an earthly one]
2. You will have persecution along with it, so there is a great personal cost in the giving up and in the return. And ....
3. Eternal life!!!!!! [That's the heavenly reward.]

And that eternal life is not just an eternal existence. When Jesus spoke about life it was abundant life, not just existence. That means life to the fullest, and in ways we cannot imagine while here in this flesh on this earth. Let's face it; just having eternal life would be enough, but the Lord will be indebted to no one, even though we are the ones Who owe Him a world of debt we could never repay. The whole equation is divinely skewed in our favor. We win all day long.

So what if we have to put up with a momentary affliction? So what if we are treated unfairly. So what is people talk about you behind your back. So what. So what. So what. You are His and no one or nothing can take that away from you or you away from Him.

Be encouraged. What we gain now and in the life to come is so much more glorious than any temporary difficulty we face on this side of eternity. We are not alone. He is with us even to the ends of the earth.

I leave you with this:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Think on these things.


AFFLICTIONS ARE TEMPORARY BUT THE GLORY IS ETERNAL. TRUST GOD AND DO ALL THAT HE INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO WALKING BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT.
 

May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to connecting with you. In the meantime, please share this blog with your friends and family members.

Blessings in Christ,
Sonia