Saturday, October 8, 2016

Questioning God Series: We Know that God Answers Prayers; but Do You Know He Also Answers Questions?

A Little Intro

I spend a great deal of time with my dear mother and a good bit of that time is spent in prayer and reading Scripture. It's almost always an amazing time in His presence....when we separate ourselves unto it. By separating ourselves, I mean He is front and center in our focus and He is the Star. We "sit at His feet" and wait for Him to share what He wants us to know and to walk in. Last night was one of those nights. I do wish I could record those moments. They are precious and very real.

Romans 8, Again!

Last night, we found ourselves in Romans 8 again, and it is our 2nd night on the first 11 verses. Why Romans 8, because it is all about identity! Anyway, I will try not to be very long. I have been wondering about my ministry direction, sometimes being absolutely sure about it and other times, "What do you want me to do, Lord?" type of questions. As in, "What's next?" Well last night as we spend more time in Romans 8, keeping in mind that years ago I had developed some materials in identity from this chapter of the Bible, I was beginning to think this might be a good place to base my ministry on equipping the Body and helping people identify why they are here. God was bringing this back to me. As a matter of fact if you go to my website on my ministry page at http://www.asoniamorris.com/The-Minister , you'll see a chunk of Romans 8 right there but not necessarily the 'identity' and walking in the spirit verses. Yet, I believe those 1st eleven verses are, perhaps, to be the crux of where I place emphasis in ministering identity to people.

I was questioning and getting a bit discouraged about what, when and really just needing to be quiet before the Lord. (Frankly, we can only worry when we are in the flesh.) Then we read Romans 8. This is exactly where I needed to be.

Ministry Questions Answered and Confirmed ... Again!

Later on in the evening, as I looked at a late message I received on Facebook, a dear sister had inboxed me. She told me that as she was doing research on a subject she was to speak on, she came across one of my videos on, of course Romans 8. I was specifically speaking about how when we walk in the Spirit, we are fulfilling the law like Jesus did. Frankly, I had never heard that before in all my years of following Christ, never zeroed in on this fact. But I needed to know this in this season for various reasons that are now coming to light. But there is so much victory in that fact alone.

God Showed Up with Signs

The interesting part of her message was that she believed she saw some angelic activity on the video, not once but 3 times. She wondered if I had noticed it, and of course, I had not, even having looked at it since recording it last January. Well, I looked it again and had to agree with her because I did see them. God was speaking to me and I was noting HIs approval and direction. I am not a stranger to angelic activity but this I had to note as a personal that God was giving the go-ahead.  Again, God was not only answering my questions about the specific area of ministry but that He was with me in it.

Matt. 28:19-20:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

My sister in Christ had no idea how God had used her to encourage me and to confirm his very direction for this ministry in helping people understand their identity, as dead to flesh and newly alive in Spirit and to walk in it as Jesus did.

Soooo, re realize that really, in order to "walk in fulfillment" you have to know what God's vision is for your life. Here is the video and blog post You too can be the fulfillment of the law and here is the video




I hope you saw the flashes of light. Now, what's the big deal? I wanted God to confirm His direction....again, and He did!

Conclusion

So what questions are you asking God? "Why am I here?" "What am I supposed to do?" "How do I get/get back on track?" Substitute your own question to God.

Remember, prayer is not only giving God your list. Prayer is a 2-way conversation; that means we must also listen. And listening is not with our physical ears, but with our heart to perceive His "voice." We also need to "listen" with our eyes, yes, our eyes. I had to read my friend's note and be open to seeing what God was showing in His sign, that "yes" you are moving in the right direction. Some people are sure of everything and they have their detailed 5-year plan. I am one of those take-1-step-at-a-time people. I may know plans years in advance but the steps to get there are 1 at a time, and how I get to my destination is rarely how others would. Yet, that's my walk. Yours is also tailor-made for you, by God.

All of us at some point in our lives are seeking out the wrong things in the wrong way. This is why most people are miserable. Often it's whatever would be more profitable - materially, or get the most attention, power, or prestige. I am not wealthy or any of those things, but that does not mean I could not have been...if I were willing to compromise everything multiple times. What a waste that would have been! Everything in its season. First seek God and He will add everything else. (Matt. 6:33).

Thank God for the Body of Christ and those who are truly His! No doubt there will always be naysayers, detractors, and scorners. That's life. Our charge is to love even them, but never take their bad counsel or opinions to heart. The only "couragement" we need to accept is the encouragement of the Holy Spirit directly or through His people. If God wants you to change direction, let Him do it, but never let the opinion of others, no matter how "well-meaning," swerve you off your God-given course.

Blessings and shalom in Christ!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to connecting with you. In the meantime, please share this blog with your friends and family members.

Blessings in Christ,
Sonia