Thursday, October 13, 2016

Questioning God Series: The Second Question I Asked God: Why is the Enemy Always After My Mother




MY MOTHER, WHAT SHE CARRIES, AND THE MEANING OF HER LIFE

This is part 2 of the questions I asked God when He used a sign to answer my first questions resurfacing a video I had made earlier this year. Signs I had certainly never seen before, having watched the video more than once.

My 2nd question to God was: Why is the enemy always after my mother? The answer was in her name, and to emphasize I was on the right track, the devotional we read that day (I'm not kidding) confirmed it! This is the reality of Whom God is!

My mom's name is Constance and through various methods, God said that my mom represents the constancy of His love, put another way, she embodies His constant love. My mom is a reminder of God's constant love not only for me and my family but for all of us. Why is that a big deal? The enemy has no weapon against God's love. Plain and simple. Love never ends."  See 1 Corinthians 13:8,13 & Romans 8:37-39.

Romans 8:37-39.

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

THE DEVOTIONAL ANSWER

As we were reading my "Jesus Calling" devotional on October 8th, the morning after I had asked the question, it read, "I love you with an everlasting love. The human mind cannot comprehend my constancy." Then later on the same page, I read, "You need of me is as constant as the outflow of my love for you." It's a great one, read the whole thing for yourself. This is by far one of the best devotionals available out there. I love this one and my favorite by Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Highest."

Just like that, the Lord told me my mom's calling, purpose, and destiny! She is a constant reminder of God's love. Now, my mom is about to turn 88, that means that God would have this continue. I spend a great deal of time with her by God's design. He has given me a desire to honor her and really be her friend and in many ways a spiritual protector. She is a carrier of his love, whether or not she knows it or always acts like it. Also, by God's design we have some of the most amazing times in God's presence and sometimes I have to say to her, how can you just sit there with waves of his glory just flowing. Sometimes she is so in it that she does not act like it if that makes sense. She is a carrier that does not necessary always manifest the quality nor the quantity, of what she carries but she is a carrier nonetheless. That is the reason the enemy attacks her, yet to no avail. And that is the reason he would like to interrupt our flow of receiving from Him together.

God's servant thrives no matter what the evil one tries to do to her. So the lessons she represents to us is:

1. God loves you, it will never stop, and there is nothing you can do about it.
2. Stay connected to Him, in His will and nothing will be able to harm you,
3. Anything that is allowed to touch you will only be for your good and to make you stronger
4. LIghten up! God's got you!
5. God back to # 1

His love for you is constant so always remember the constancy of God's love!!!

What is your mom carrying that she can pass on to you for glory of the King and the good of His Kingdom. What are you carrying to pass on to the next generation? 

As I continue to receive the blessings of her presence, I am reminded that the generational blessings last for a 1000 generations while the curses only last for FOUR!!!  God wants to overflow our lives and the lives of our family members with HIS BLESSINGS!

Read Deuteronomy 28, especially the first 14 verses, which contain the blessings of obedience and beware of the 54 verses of the curses of disobedience. [Yes, I know that Christ became the curse but unless you are in Christ you are still under the law with the curses of disobedience.]

Let's receive what He is giving us from those closest to us and walk in His blessings all the days of our lives, into eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to connecting with you. In the meantime, please share this blog with your friends and family members.

Blessings in Christ,
Sonia